|November 08, 2013 - November 22, 2013|
|Location:||New Bern, NC|
|Salary Range:||$32,000 - 40,000|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits available after 90 days.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:|
The position is responsible for the on-site administration and supervision of program operations of the assigned group home(s). Responsibilities include programmatic supervision of the group home(s), as well as management of the homes’ budgets, staff, delivery of program services, coordination of volunteers, and relationships with service professionals, clients and their families, neighbors of the home and the general community.
1. Provide on-site administrative oversight to all residential and programmatic activities (including budgetary, property management, personnel, staffing, training and client service issues) connected with the group home(s).
2. Provide on-site programmatic supervision to all home staff and 24-hour emergency supervision and/or back-up coverage for the group home staff to ensure delivery of appropriate client services.
3. Ensure the delivery of direct treatment services according to an individualized service plan and consistent with agency’s model of care.
4. Implement and oversee the delivery of a curriculum of skills, including social, self-help, independent living, and academic skills for the youth served in the home.
5. Develop, to the highest degree possible, a normalized family-style home environment providing counseling, concern, direction, assistance, and support for the youth in care. Develop and guide staff in providing creative activities for youths and staff.
6. Drive agency vehicles for purpose of transporting youths and operating all facets of the treatment program. Transport youth for routine home activities, court appointments, medical appointments, family visits, other required appointments, and emergency situations.
7. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff and provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care.
8. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff and provide detailed information regarding significant staff issues, and accept and implement feedback.
9. Work a flexible work schedule each month and other periods of coverage of the home as scheduled and on an as-needed or emergency basis.
10. Ensure the performance of daily operational functions, such as facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, cooking, shopping, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
11. Actively monitor all aspects of the physical property. Maintain all property in clean, safe, and attractive manner. Comply with guidelines for property maintenance and management.
12. Coordinate with members of youth’s service team, including parent/guardian, to ensure the provision of services for clients that is consistent with their individual service plans.
13. Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with all program consumers, including but not limited to, youths, parents and families, school personnel, neighbors, referral agencies, administrators, etc.
14. Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality improvement processes, including the collection of program reports, monitoring and outcome data.
15. Maintain and ensure practice of current and relevant program service operational guidelines.
16. Maintain program practices and operations to meet all applicable contractual and accreditation standards.
17. Perform other duties as required or requested.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Experience: |
• Must be twenty-one (21) years of age;
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college and three (3) years of experience working with client population; AND,
• Previous supervisory experience of child-care workers is preferred. Direct care experience with adolescents and their families also is preferred.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
• Must be able to work in high pressure, high stress environment.
• Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Primary work site is the group home.
• Must be able to provide 24-hour accessibility, including weekends and holidays.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, participation in physical activities, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, cooking, shopping, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
• Have the ability to demonstrate organizational, management, and leadership skills.
• Have the ability to generate multiple solutions to meet the changing needs of clients, staff, and communities.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, progress summaries, manage financial/budget tasks, and community correspondence.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally, in both verbal and written formats, with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, supervisees, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of clients.
• Have the ability to participate in recreational activities with clients, including, but not limited to, arts, athletics, and outdoor activities.
• Have the ability to drive a 12-passenger van to transport clients.
• Have the ability to drive for agency related events during the day or night.
• Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.