Lead Teacher (Early Childhood)
|July 05, 2013 - July 15, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$25,000 - 30,000/year|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits available after 90 days.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for creating and maintaining a nurturing and stimulating educational environment for young children and their families.|
Leads needed for Infant and Toddler classes.
|Duties:||1. Create and maintain a child-centered educational environment in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the program.|
2. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the Core Values of Methodist Home for Children and the policies and procedures of the agency and the Jordan Center.
3. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the standards set forth by the Division of Child Development, Department of Sanitation, Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS) or the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
4. Maintain accurate classroom and children’s records.
5. Facilitate communication between administration, staff, and families.
6. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback.
7. Provide ongoing support and feedback to guide professional development of teachers and teacher assistants.
8. Complete ongoing training and education requirements as directed by Jordan Center leadership.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Age Level Coordinator and/or Associate Director.
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of Child Care Credentials and an additional 6 semester hours in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; OR• PREFERENCE of Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, and an equivalent amount of relevant education|
Must have at least one (1) year of verifiable experience working with young children.
• May require a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, First Aid, Infant/Child CPR, and Universal Precautions.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Some evening and weekend work hours.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a TB test.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
• Will be required to lift and/or carry children, equipment and/or program materials.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, lesson planning, information sharing, and record keeping.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally in verbal and written formats with consumers, including, but not limited to parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of children.
• Have the ability to physically participate in program activities with children, including, but not limited to, arts, athletic, and outdoor activities.
• Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
• Have the ability to work overtime.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.