Day Treatment Program Coordinator
|January 17, 2013 - February 17, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$36,000 - 45,000|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits available after 90 days|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Director of the Day Treatment Program is responsible for the supervision, administration, and implementation of the Day Treatment Program. |
Position supervises Recreation Therapists, Qualified Professionals, Associate Professionals, and DTP Assistant.
|Duties:||1. Oversee the tasks and administration of Day Treatment services with regard to day-to-day operations, program planning and development, and direct supervision of Day Treatment staff.|
2. Oversee the development and monitoring of comprehensive treatment plans and ensuring quality care of youth being served in Day Treatment services. This includes quality and compliance reviews of all Medicaid documentation.
3. Demonstrate familiarity and competence in Day Treatment services and licensing laws and policies of North Carolina.
4. Conduct appropriate support, supervision, and consultation of assigned staff with appropriate frequency, regularity, and documentation associated with such activities, including after hours coverage.
5. Provide training and orientation for Day Treatment Program staff.
6. Provide supervision of the regular maintenance, care and appropriate usage of program equipment, materials, and resources.
7. Participate in Child and Family team meetings for clients in the Day Treatment service.
8. Serve as a liaison to DSS, DMH, and other community agencies regarding treatment planning issues, needs of and services to youth being served in the Day Treatment services.
9. Drive agency vehicles for purpose of transporting youths and operating all facets of the treatment program. Transport youth for routine home activities, court appointments, medical appointments, family visits, other required appointments, and emergency situations.
10. Performs other related duties as requested by the Clinical Director.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Experience: |
• Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field directly related to mental health services; and,
• Minimum of four (4) years experience in a treatment or educational setting with client population.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and holidays.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
• Must be able to work in occasionally high pressure, high stress environment.
• Must be able to provide 24 hour on-call supervision.
• Computer literacy, advanced writing and editing skills, and organizational skills are essential.
• High level of accuracy and detail orientation required.
• Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, participation in physical activities, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, and other rotating assignments.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, progress summaries, and community correspondence.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of clients.
• Have the ability to participate in recreational activities with clients, including, but not limited to, arts, athletics, and outdoor activities.
• Have the ability to drive a van to transport clients.
• Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.