|April 03, 2014 - April 21, 2014|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits available after 90 days|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for creating a nurturing and stimulating educational environment for young children and enhancing their growth and development through daily routines and activities.|
|Duties:||1. Create and maintain a child-centered educational environment in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the program.|
2. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the Core Values of Methodist Home for Children and the policies and procedures of the agency and the Jordan Center.
3. Be familiar with and carry out on a daily basis the standards set forth by the Division of Child Development, Department of Sanitation, the NCPK Program, the Preschool Special Education Program and/or the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
4. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback.
5. Maintain accurate classroom and children’s records.
6. Facilitate communication between administration, staff, and families.
7. Provide ongoing support and feedback to guide professional development of teachers and teacher assistants.
8. Complete ongoing training and education requirements as directed by Jordan Center leadership.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Age Level Coordinator, Associate Director, and/or Director.
• N.C. Birth-Kindergarten Teaching License
• Preferred, experience serving special populations
Experience: Must have at least one (1) year of verifiable experience working with young children.
• May require a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, First Aid, Infant/Child CPR, and Universal Precautions.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Some evening and weekend work hours.
Schedule: Due to the nature of the program and the educational requirements, this position may be offered as a ten month position with an annual salary paid over twelve months or as a twelve month position. Determination of which schedule will be offered will be based on the needs of the center.
Ten Month Position: This schedule will be similar to the Wake County Traditional School Calendar. The school year will begin in late August and continue through early June. Holidays and vacation throughout this period will be based on the Jordan Center schedule during the ten month period. Vacation and sick leave will be prorated to reflect the modified work schedule.
Twelve Month Position: As stated for full time employees in the Methodist Home for Children Employee Handbook. Salary and benefits commensurate with education, experience, and schedule.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a TB test.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
• Will be required to lift and/or carry children, equipment and/or program materials.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, lesson planning, information sharing, and record keeping.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally in verbal and written formats with consumers, including, but not limited to parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of children.
• Have the ability to physically participate in program activities with children, including, but not limited to, arts, athletic, and outdoor activities.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.