|May 06, 2013 - May 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$10.96 – 12.98/hour, based on education and experience|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits are available after 90 days.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Associate Professional assigned to the Day Treatment Program serves as a member of the Program’s team to plan, develop and implement DTP services. The Associate Professional provides the necessary supports to individuals with mental health and developmental disabilities to allow them to meaningfully participate and appropriately respond in the day treatment program setting. The individual also performs client behavioral intervention, skills training, community inclusion, as well as direct support services as needed. |
|Duties:||1. Implements direct treatment services according to an individualized Treatment and/or Person-Centered Plan and consistent with the overall program model.|
2. Teach youth a curriculum of skills, including social, self-help, and independent living skills.
3. Model appropriate moral, ethical, and professional values for youths, colleagues, and the community-at-large.
4. Provide an environment providing counseling, concern, direction, assistance, and support for the youth in care. Develop and participate in creative activities for youths that are consistent with clients’ service plans.
5. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback.
6. Perform daily operational functions such as facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance.
7. Provide detailed, routine, and quality documentation of planning and service activities for clients.
8. Drive agency vehicles for purpose of transporting youths and operating all facets of the treatment program. Transport youth for routine home activities, court appointments, medical appointments, family visits, other required appointments, and emergency situations.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Experience: |
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited
to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
• Position will be supervised by a Qualified Professional and follow a written supervision agreement
that is updated on an annual basis.
• Must be able to work in high pressure, high stress environment.
• Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, participation in physical activities, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, and other rotating assignments.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, progress summaries, and community correspondence.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of clients.
• Have the ability to participate in recreational activities with clients, including, but not limited to, arts, athletics, and outdoor activities.
• Have the ability to drive a van to transport clients.
• Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
• Have the ability to work overtime.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.