|September 28, 2015 - October 09, 2015|
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits available after 90 days|
|Description:||The Therapist must be licensed by the relevant State Licensure/Certification Board to provide mental health treatment services in the State of North Carolina. |
The Therapist is responsible for providing individual, group, and family therapy sessions as part of the Day Treatment Program and Residential Programs.
|Duties:||1. Provide individual, group and family therapy to the clients participating in the Residential and Day Treatment Programs in accordance with their needs, psychological abilities, and written treatment plan.|
2. Serve as a member of the multi-disciplinary Treatment Team and attends the Team’s weekly meetings. Assist in the formulation and development of each client’s overall treatment plan, discharge criteria, and ultimate placement recommendations.
3. Maintain appropriate on-going contact with parents/guardians/case managers as related to each client’s treatment needs.
4. Studies evaluate, and report on each client’s progress, response, and reaction to therapy for continued review and appraisal by the Treatment Team.
5. Assist Program Manager and Treatment Coordinators in planning and conducting training, educational and instructive programs for clients and staff upon request.
6. Fulfill any and all supervision requirements established by the relevant Board in the State of North Carolina to either obtain or maintain licensure/certification.
7. Serves as a member of each client’s Child and Family Treatment Team.
8. Assist in developing and maintaining productive community resources to support program and client rehabilitation objectives.
9. Maintain adequate supplies to provide optimal therapeutic activities in a cost effective manner.
10. Perform other related duties as requested by the Clinical Director.
• Master’s Degree in a human services field from an accredited and approved college or university.
• Licensed or license-eligible by the relevant North Carolina State Board. (LPC, LCSW)
• Two (2) years of experience providing therapeutic services to client population.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including overnights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
• Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
• Must be able to work in occasionally high pressure, high stress environment.
• Must be able to provide 24 hour on-call supervision.
• Computer literacy, advanced writing and editing skills, and organizational skills are essential.
• High level of accuracy and detail orientation required.
• Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, participation in physical activities, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, and other rotating assignments.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, progress summaries, and community correspondence.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
• Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of clients.
• Have the ability to participate in recreational activities with clients, including, but not limited to, arts, athletics, and outdoor activities.
• Have the ability to drive a van to transport clients.
• Have the ability to drive for agency related events during the day or night.
• Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.