Outpatient Therapist (contract)
|December 04, 2013 - December 31, 2013|
|Description:||The Therapist must be LICENSED by the relevant State Licensure/Certification Board to provide mental health treatment services in the State of North Carolina. Due to the nature of this position, we cannot accept non-licensed or provisionally licensed individuals. |
The Therapist is responsible for providing clinical assessments as well as individual, group, and family therapy sessions as part of the FACT’s Outpatient CABHA Core Services Program.
|Duties:||Accept and evaluate referrals for outpatient services, conferring with referral sources as needed to determine the client’s treatment needs. Provide comprehensive clinical assessments in response to initial referrals and maintains outpatient therapy caseload. Provide individual, group and family therapy to the clients receiving CABHA Outpatient Core Services in accordance with their needs, psychological abilities, and written treatment plan. Assist in the formulation of each client’s overall treatment plan, discharge criteria, and continued service recommendations via consultation with the CABHA Medical Director and Clinical Director. Develop the written treatment plan for each client. Document any and all clinical services, communication, and other client-related contacts in the Medical Record within 24 hours of the service delivery. Documentation shall be in accordance with the DHHS Records Management and Documentation Manual, with LME/MCO requirements, with agency Policies and Procedures, and with the agency’s electronic records system. Conduct utilization review activities necessary to obtain authorizations for client services by third party vendors/payers. Oversee FACT’s First Responder services to meet the needs of any non-residential clients in crisis or emergency situations in accordance with each client’s Crisis Plan. Is available, on a rotating basis, to provide required On-Call services for FACT’s clients. Collaborate and consult with the agency’s Medical Director and Clinical Director in service delivery areas and on-going treatment planning for Outpatient clients. Maintain appropriate on-going contacts with parents/guardians/case managers/LME staff or other relevant members of the System of Care as related to each minor client’s treatment needs. Fulfill any and all supervision requirements established by the relevant Board in the State of North Carolina to either obtain or maintain required clinical licensure/certification. Maintain necessary continuing education requirements in accordance with Core Services requirements and/or relevant NC State Licensure/Certification. Attend both internal and external treatment team meetings, multidisciplinary meetings, hearings, school conferences or other consultations as needed. Assist in developing and maintaining productive community-based resources to support each client’s treatment goals as well as the objectives of the program and agency. Perform other related duties as requested by the Clinical Director. |
• Master’s Degree in a human services field from an accredited and approved college or university.
• LICENSED by the relevant State Licensure/Certification Board to provide mental health treatment services in the State of North Carolina. (Provisional license not acceptable for this position)
• Two (2) years of experience providing therapeutic services to the child and adolescent client population.
◾Preference will be given to candidates with a license (LPC or LCSW) who have active Medicaid enrollment privileges.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to meet the needs of the clients and the agency.
• Must successfully complete all phases of required pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, crisis intervention, First Aid, CPR, and Universal Precautions.
• Must be able to work in a potentially high pressure, high stress environment.
• Must be able to provide rotating 24 hour on-call First-Responder services.
• Computer literacy, advanced writing and editing skills, and organizational skills are essential.
• High level of accuracy and detail orientation required.
• Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
• Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
• Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
• Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
• Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, and lifting.
• Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate clinical documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, service notes, progress summaries, and community correspondence.
• Have the ability to communicate professionally (both verbally and in writing) with relevant individuals, including, but not limited to, clients, parents/guardians, colleagues, and community mental health providers.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.