Part-time Overnight Awake Staff
|February 22, 2013 - March 15, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||The Overnight/Awake Personnel, under the direction of the Program Manager, with direct supervision as assigned, provides awake coverage of the Multipurpose Juvenile Home each night from approximately 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. to assure the security, health, and safety of staff and juvenile residents.|
Schedule: Friday and Saturday nights from 10:00pm - 7:00am
1. Continuously monitor the Multipurpose Juvenile Home (both the youths and the physical facility) during the night and brings any issues that need action (either immediately or at the end of the duty period) to the attention of the Resident Counselor on duty or other appropriate staff as directed.
2. Receive incoming phone or fax messages and take required action.
3. Complete a nightly report sheet and submit to the Program Manager or designee each morning.
4. Provide services listed under the Resident Counselor Job description when:
■ specifically requested by the Residential Program Manager or designee,
■ the Overnight Awake Personnel has the appropriate qualifications to carry out the
■ the Overnight Awake Personnel has received specific, appropriate training to allow
the delivery of these services.
5. Provide transportation of juveniles as requested.
6. Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback."
7. Perform other related duties as requested by the Residential Program Manager.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Experience: |
•Must be twenty-one (21) years of age; and,
•High School Diploma and three (3) year experience working with client population preferred.
•Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
•Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
•Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
•Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
•Must be able to work in high pressure, high stress environment.
•Position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
•Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
•Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
•Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, property management, and client interactions, such as standing, bending, lifting, participation in physical activities, facility cleaning (interior and exterior) and maintenance, cooking, shopping, supplies inventory, and other rotating assignments.
•Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client treatment plans, progress summaries, and community correspondence.
•Have the ability to communicate professionally with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
•Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity supervision of clients.
•Have the ability to participate in recreational activities with clients, including, but not limited to, arts, athletics, and outdoor activities.
•Have the ability to drive a 12-passenger van to transport clients.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.